|Type of Activity||:||Trekking|
|Time of Tour||:||4 Days|
The bus will pick us up at the hotel at 6 a.m. to begin our journey to the village of Cachora. During our journey we will stop a moment to observe the archaeological remains of Tarawasi from the bus, continuing thereafter towards the Cunyac Bridge between the departments of Cusco and Apurimac. Next we will travel through the district of Curawasi and Saywute, arriving at Cachora at 10 a.m. approximately. We will begin our trek from this area, along sloping path leading to the pass of Capuliyoc (2800 m.a.s.l) where we will stop for lunch after a two-hour walk. Then we will continue our journey to the town of Chaquisqa (1930 m.a.s.l). The whole course to Chaquisqa is downward and the landscape is awesome and the weather is warm. Our first camp will be setup here. This is a three-hour walk.
After breakfast (5:00 am), we will continue our walk towards Playa Rosalina (1550 m.a.s.l), followed by an early climb up the hill towards Santa Rosa (2100 m.a.s.l) where we stop for lunch. This course is the hardest and we will take three hours after which we will climb up to the Maranpata (2850 m.a.s.l) that is an easier climb. During our journey we will observe the vegetation existing in the area. Later, we will journey along a straight section towards Sunchupata where will camp. Trekking time is two hours. It is a one hour journey from this spot to Choquenquirao.
Very early and after breakfast (5:00 am) we travel towards Choquequirao, which is a one-hour walk to see the sunrise at Choquequirao and where we will remain for three hours in the company of a guide who will provide you with all the details about this important Inca refuge. At the scheduled time, we will begin our return to Sunchupata, descending to Santa Rosa, where we stop for lunch. Thereafter we continue descending to Playa Rosalina that takes about an hour. Upon our arrival at Rosalina we will continue our journey to the village of Chaquisqa, two hours away from Rosalina, where we will spend the night.
A hearty breakfast shall be served in Chaquisqa (06:00 am) after which we will return along the same route to Cachora which is the slope we descended on the first day and which is a smoother climb of two hours until we reach the pass of Capuliyoc. From here, it takes another two hours to reach the village of Cachora along a smoother route, arriving at 12:00 am approximately. During our journey we will observe the exotic flora and fauna as well as sights of majestic snowcapped peaks and the impressive canyon of the Apurimac. In the afternoon we will travel to the medicinal thermal baths of Qonoq where we will remain for one hour and continue later on our journey to the city of Cusco. Upon our arrival in Cusco at 8 p.m., you will be transferred to the hotel. End of the services.
(1) On our clients’ recommendation, we suggest spending an additional day in the settlement of Choquequirao to enjoy this beautiful archeological site in more detail. On our way back to Cusco, there is also the possibility of visiting the thermal baths in Cconoc. Ask us for more information.
(2) The trek to Choquequirau must not be underestimated. Especially the second day involves great physical exertion to complete. Combined with high altitude and extreme weather (it can get very hot) the trek can be hard work. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you are well acclimatized, in good shape, and healthy.
(3) From the first to the fourth day (from Cachora to Huanipaca) we are accompanied by horsemen and mules that will carry all camping equipment and the customer’s private luggage (up to 8 kg).
(4) Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
What do I need to bring?
You can pay by WESTERN UNION, by BANKING TRANSFERENCE,
1.-SEND YOUR PAYMENT BY WESTERN UNION
With Western Union®, you can send and get money quickly at any of our 117.000 agents or offices all over the world. Check on internet www.westernunion.com look for the nearest office of Western Union, ask for International sendings cashier, then you’ll get a form and you have to fill it in.
Complete the form.
1. - Ensure you get the form to fill it in.
2. - The payment is in American dollars and write the amount in letters.
3. - Then write in numbers the amount you will send.
4. - Copy the receptionist information as follows:
Surname: Mancilla Muchari
Address: calle Suecia 380 C - Plaza de armas, Cusco City: CUSCO
Do not forget to fill in your personal information. Pay to the cashier the amount you will send plus the charge of sending. You’ll be asked to display your identification. Once the deposit is done you’ll be given a bill that includes your MTCN :( Money Transfer Control Number).
Send us a mail indicating the amount you’re sending and the MTCN, we will confirm the transference by e-mail or by phone. Then we’ll proceed to make all the payments.
Notify your recipient that their money is on the way: MACAW ADVENTURE
You Can Make your Payments through Western Union with your Visa Card
Send money transfer online from:
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us .....